Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fantasies and Nightmares!

Welcome to Late Night Stream.  I'm your host Late Night Matt.  Working overnight has given me way too much time alone.  My job is Night Audit at a local hotel.  I come in at 10:00 p.m. and I don't leave until 6:00 a.m.  While I do spend many hours playing my favorite computer games or hitting the tables in online poker, sometimes you just want to kick back and watch a great TV show or movie.

In each of my posts on this blog I will be featuring one TV show and one movie that you can find streaming.  Note that the movies will all be available on Netflix streaming, while the TV shows will all be free to watch streams from that network's own website.  I don't endorse or try and proliferate any illegal streams or downloads.  Now to kick it off!

TELEVISION SPOTLIGHT

Once Upon a Time - ABC

A couple of weeks ago many of you were enjoying your local celebration or family gathering for New Year's Eve 2012.  Well my wife and I didn't have a lot of moolah in the bank account and we also had to think about our rambunctious 2 year old son Connor so we decided to stay in.    Living in Bisbee, AZ we can't get our "Local" channels via a digital antenna and Cable TV is just too expensive.  Our friend Alex found us a stream of the show from Times Square and I sat down to find us something great to watch that we would enjoy but wasn't something we could normally find on Netflix streaming.

This was when I stumbled upon Once Upon a Time from ABC.  This show features all the familiar fairytale and storybook characters we love with a modern twist.  Not only did they have the show available to stream...but they had every single episode available so we didn't have to start in the middle of the season.  I think they have taken a few of the episodes down off their streaming site, but they still have the pilot and a couple of the first few episodes along with the last 3 or 4 available.  Also for my Lost fans...there's a few easter eggs if you keep your eyes open.



Check out Once Upon a Time

Netflix Movie Spotlight


The Game - Starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn


This 1997 thriller is truly mind bending.  Nicholas Van Orton, the man with plenty of money, who could buy himself anything has a birthday coming up.  His brother gets him a gift certificate to play a very unique game.  Almost immediately his entire world spins out of control.  I don't want to go into it much more than that for fear of giving something away.  FYI - this isn't really a kid friendly movie.  There is sex and violence...and will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.



Netflix streaming services are only $7.99 per month and you receive so much programming between Movies and TV shows it's a great bang for your buck.  (It works out to .26 cents a day)  If you don't already subscribe you can sign up HERE

1 comment:

  1. Johnnie and I have enjoyed the TV show Once Upon a Time since it came on last fall! I am not sure if I have seen the movie here (The Game) but just might have to check it out also!!! You just might have found your niche here son! You have always been my go to guy for finding out about movies and tv shows and now you have found an excellent way to use that knowledge along with your love of writing! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete